Thursday, April 23, 2015

quilter Kay, quilter Diane, backing fabric, quilt stitches



Michael took off very early for golfing here at SCCL on Wednesday (4/22), while I ran around making sure everything was ready for my long arm class (I cut and ironed the backing and top, and cut the batting).  Kay (the instructor) and Diane (another student) showed up at 10 and after a quick tour of some of the quilting/wall hangings in the house, we got right to it.  Kay 










loaded up my quilt backing and I learned a few things from that, then she loaded up the batting and top and I learned a few things from that.  I didn’t know what pattern to use, and Diane suggested the same leaf pattern I had just used; she thought it would go well with my backing fabric (and I LOVE this leaf pattern):  

 Diane basted down the top 
















 and we started to sew out the pattern.  Kay told us our tension between the front and back bars was too tight….and she was right.  We loosened up the quilt sandwich and the stitches are GORGEOUS!!!   
if you click on this picture, it should get bigger
 Kay left just after 2 (after all, she’s still a working gal and has many quilts to get done for customers) and Diane stayed a bit longer.  Michael came home while Diane was still there and didn’t want to talk about his golf game  :~(.  After Diane left, I headed back down stairs and finished quilting the quilt…while also continuing to stitch in the ends on Ethel’s quilt.  Michael and I had pizza for a late dinner, then Janice called for our weekly SKYPE session.  After that I headed upstairs to watch TV with my honey before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.