Saturday, April 18, 2015

new tumbling blocks pic, stacking bins, butterflies



My honey was determined to get out on the course Friday morning (4/17), even though the ground was still VERY squishy.  I headed to the studio and completed one small change (that took a long time to rip and re-stitch) to my tumbling blocks (can you spot it?), 

previous pic


 
new picture


































then dropped back to Michael’s airplane bag.  I spent the day attaching the pockets to the side panels, while my smaller sized, but opposite color butterflies were stitching out.

I forgot to tell you that Larry has already completed one of the projects I asked him for (or….for those grammarians out there…one of the projects I asked of him!)  I have a set of stacking bins which contain all of the supplies I need for Miss Scarlett.  



 I was storing this under Miss Scarlett, but when I loaded up wider quilts, it was getting in the way.  I decided to move the baskets to beside the sofa, but wanted to make them do double duty as a table as well.  For that, I needed something on top of the topmost basket.  Larry cut a beautiful piece of finished wood and rounded the corners so that it would fit perfectly on my baskets.   

I need to put several coats of poly urethane on it because I’m sure I will be setting cold drinks on it…but for now it is protected with a “mug rug” from Jeannie. 



 I started to get cleaned up around 5 PM for our trip into Charlotte.  I have to tell you about this….this date in my calendar has been marked with the words “special event” for well over a month.  Michael put it down and wouldn’t tell me what was happening; he just told me when the time came that I should dress like I was going to the theatre.  Michael knows that I am in love with Carmina Burana (Carmina Burana is the name given to a manuscript of 254 poems and dramatic texts mostly from the 11th or 12th century, although some are from the 13th century. Twenty-four poems in Carmina Burana were set to music by Carl Orff in 1936. Orff's composition quickly became popular and a staple piece of the classical music repertoire. The opening and closing movement, "O Fortuna", has been used in numerous films and commercials).  I sang Carmina Burana in high school and have loved it ever since.  The Booth Playhouse in Charlotte had an aerial interpretation (think Cirque du Soliel) of Orff’s Carmina and it was FABULOUS!!!  Michael saw it advertised about 2 months ago and bought tickets and marked my calendar.  We had a wonderful time, and better yet, were home shortly after 10 PM.  Relatively speaking, that was a very early time to get home from any Charlotte theatre.  We both got to read for a bit before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.