Saturday, April 25, 2015

garden, Elsie & cookie, Michael's bag



Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Friday morning (4/24) while I wrote up and sent out the minutes for the quilting group.  We both had a quick breakfast, then headed out to the back garden to get it weeded.  Michael had already made a good start from this:

 to this: 

 
doesn't he just scream American Gothic

 but we had another whole section to do.  When we were done weeding, Michael checked the sprinkler system and found 2 heads that he has to fix or replace.  He headed inside to get caught up on emails, and I continued my work on the Volunteer Drive which starts this coming Monday.  We had the usual furry company:
















 My work took several hours and I didn’t get back to sewing until after lunch.  I finally have the outside of Michael’s bag all together…


 and a good bit of the inside as well.  Michael and Phil got to play 9 holes of golf in the afternoon, and he just had time to take a quick shower and change before we were off to MAMA RICOTTA’s to meet up with Lisa & Dean for dinner and the theatre.  They had a special menu and I ended up ordering the sautéed shrimp, roasted red peppers, carmelized onion and asparagus, with asparagus ravioli…..HEAVEN ON A PLATE!!!  It was so good….I’m glad I didn’t get my usual ravioli with sage/butter sauce.  Michael got their eggplant parmesan…something he never gets at home  :~).  Then it was off to Actor’s Theatre to see DETROIT, about 2 neighbor couples, one young and one old….very interesting.  The play ran with out an intermission, so we were home by 10:30 and finally fell into bed after a glass of wine and some reading, at 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.