Monday, April 13, 2015

Michael, front garden, Larry & Joanne at breakfast, log cabin blocks, Elsie



My honey left for golf 

he said it's a good thing he got this shirt for free 'cause he never would have bought it!!!

 at SCCL on Saturday morning (4/11) and I headed to the studio.  I got the charity quilt off of Miss Scarlett, and got all of the ends buried in the batting, then starting cutting out for a new quilt.  BG is going to do the illusions quilt, and I’m starting a new one as well.  I also started cutting and sewing the background triangles for my tumbling blocks.  As always, it was fun to start working on new things.  Our garden has exploded in recent days, with lots of new plants blooming:   
 
our iris just popped open

a huge oxalis that came from CT!!



 My honey got home around 3:30, VERY pleased with his 83 on the course.  We had grilled chicken over salads for dinner once THE MASTERS coverage ended for the day, and we spent the evening watching TV and knitting….except for a brief 1/2 hour when I threw together our overnight Belgium yeast waffle batter before we headed to bed.

**********************

I have a few (wood) projects in mind that I would like, and so we asked Joanne and Larry to join us for breakfast 

Sunday morning (4/12) as a pre-thank you for doing them, and to discuss what I needed.  If I do say so myself, our breakfast was incredible!!  The waffles were crispy on the outside and tender and creamy on the inside, the potatoes were done to perfection, 


 I made the egg/cheese casserole (the same one I made for quilting on Thursday…minus the green beans since we would be eating it for breakfast), 


 and we had crispy bacon to round everything out.  














  Joanne & Larry brought some special breakfast bread that Michael said was excellent.  I think we were all stuffed by the end of eating, and we proceeded to discuss my projects.  It was good to discuss them, since Larry pointed out the flaw in my sizing and that I wouldn’t be able to do what I had hoped.  Joanne suggested we look up something similar on the internet, and that was the best suggestion, as I was not doing a good job of conveying with words the 3-D object I want.  I think we finally got everything settled and they left around 11.  Jan & Walt came by to get their golf cart serviced and then Michael and Cookie headed out for a walk, while I headed to the studio to do a variety of things.  I was looking for an empty drawer to keep my new illusions blocks in…and of course I don’t have one….BUT….OMG!!!….OMG!!!  I found these 37 completed blocks I had totally forgotten about in one of the drawers and I am in LOVE!!!   
trust me...these are even prettier in person...my camera doesn't do well with purples
 They are all I want to work on…I think they are so beautiful!!!  I worked on them for a bit, then dropped back to the tumbling blocks.  By the time MASTERS coverage had finished, I had about 1/2 of the background sewn in.  I continued to knit on a charity hat while we watched the boob tube.  Michael finished all of the laundry while he was watching THE MASTERS and when we went
to bed, my fluffiest baby was sleeping on top of his jacket and my shorts...isn't she adorable?


1 comment:

  1. What a delightful surprise it must have been to find these amazing log cabin blocks!! My birthday is comin' up ya know...... ;) ~Debra

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.