Monday, April 27, 2015

Ethel's quilt, charity hats



I was up early to head for Joann’s Sunday morning (4/26) to pick up a zipper for Michael’s bag.  I also scored batting for BG’s wall hanging…hopefully we will be mounting it when she is down visiting.    After that, it was a stop at the Dorchester to drop off Ethel’s quilt, (and to pick up a new one for the women's shelter that I told her I would do for free)

you can see a lavender charity dress on the door that she also finished

 and then on to the Lake House to set up boxes for sorting.  By the time I got home I really didn’t feel like doing anything, so I read my book for quite a bit.  So on Sunday’s,  King Arthur Flour sends me an email which lists the round up of new recipes for last week.  In the email I got today…they had a knock off of King’s Hawaiian Rolls.  I’ve tried to make these rolls twice before….with no success at all….when Michael tried the second batch, he urged me to GIVE UP!  He was right…they were not good.  But….many people like these rolls, so I thought I’d give it one more try…..OMword!!!!  Am I ever glad I persevered….they were INCREDIBLE!!!  Light, tender, fabulous flavor…..we definitely have a new favorite roll.  And the best news?  I only made 9 for dinner because there were only 4 of us….that means another 9 tomorrow night  :~)  Anyway, other than the rolls, when Gale & Phil arrived for dinner I had a pork loin roast, baked potatoes, sautéed asparagus and a salad.  Gale brought Italian cookies for dessert and they were yummy.  We sat at the kitchen table and talked for several hours after dinner, which was very pleasant.  Michael and I got to watch a bit of TV before bed and I finally made the pompoms for 2 charity hats I’ve recently finished

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.