Tuesday, April 21, 2015

new card from Michael, iris



What a day Monday (4/20) was!  Michael ended up cancelling his golf group due to all of the rain on Sunday, so he took Cookie for a walk first thing in the morning.  I had a 9:30 Volunteer board meeting at the Lake House, followed by the regular membership meeting, followed by a short meeting to make sure all of our ducks were in a row for the Children’s Home Drive which starts next Monday.  I ran home (Michael was our on the wet golf course, slogging through 11 holes) and called June, who came over to fit a pair of shorts on me….then I was back at the sales center at 1 PM to start the tours of sewing studios.  WOW – this was a SUPER idea…it was wonderful to see everyone’s space…and we all have different storage options…lots of good ideas and just plain fun.  My house was last on the list, and I also demo’ed Miss Scarlett doing her stuff for a row.  I think people were fascinated by it, and why not?  I’m still a bit fascinated myself!  Michael’s been doing more drawing since he hasn’t been golfing, and finished another card:



I ran over to Jan’s shortly after everyone had left because she said her freezer wasn’t working.  We made up a big grocery bag of all of the meat from her freezer and took it inside the house to continue talking for a few more minutes.  I mentioned a reset switch…and back out to the garage we went…YUP…that was the problem…WHEW!  When I came back home, Michael was very mysterious and asked me to come down to the basement, saying we had company.  Our company was our across the street neighbors who do NOT have a basement, as there was a tornado warning for a pressure system coming right at us!  We watched the weather for a bit…and finally the warning was cancelled and Michael took off for his board meeting.  So….apparently the board meeting was cancelled, but no one told him!  He came back home and we both read our books (he is just finishing up THE MAGICIAN”S LIE…he liked it as much as I did) for a long while before bed.

BTW - our irises have really popped lately, even though they've been kind of beaten down by all of the rain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.