Friday, April 17, 2015

Argen & charity quilt, illusions first color



Thursday morning (4/16) I hopped up to make roll dough.  I took a pan of 9 rolls along with the soup to quilting, along with all of my sewing supplies (thankfully once again loaded in the car by my honey  :~).  The soup managed to stretch to feed 4 people and the rolls went in a flash!  I gave one of the quilters another charity quilt I finished….

 she was excited and couldn’t wait to get it bound and finished.  I was home by 2 to a cranky honey who was disgusted that it was still cold and raining, so he couldn’t get out on the golf course.  I know exactly how he feels, ‘cause that’s how I feel when I don’t get to sew for a couple of days.  We both hibernated in the basement…me sewing and him on his computer, until Jan & Walt stopped by to pick up their ham/bean/barley soup, and brought us a surprise as well…yummy lemonade/ice cream slushies from Chik-fil-a,  that Jan has been talking about for AGES.  They were excellent…but we were all frozen by the time we finished them.  I ran the last quart of soup across the street to Anne & Bryce and continued sewing for just a bit.  I finished my first color for the illusions quilt:   


 
By then it was time for Italian Wedding Soup (thawed out from the freezer and I swear it tasted better than when I first made it) and a new pan of rolls.  We watched TV in the evening while I knit on a charity hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.