Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Paula, Jeannie, Jim, tmbling blocks



Monday (4/13) seemed to go by in a flash!  I spent the morning on the computer, leaving at 10:15 to attend Cooking Fingers for April.  Today’s meeting was on unusual ingredients and Paula 

demo-ed 2 of the recipes (so I know what she did on Sunday....made 80 servings of both of the recipes!!!)…we had a goat cheese and fig appetizer, a popcorn salad, a chick pea salad, and a dessert pie with pinto beans in it.  Jeannie was one of the servers, 
of course she made her apron!

and her hubby Jim 























 did the demo on the popcorn salad and it was fun and tasty.  When I got home I basically putzed around in my sewing room for a bit…the good news is that I finally found the side pieces for Michael’s bag.  I KNEW I had cut them, but they have been MIA for the past several days….so you’ll see me start to sew on that again.  I also spent a good bit of time on the next Volunteer drive.  Our drive kicks off on the 27th, and we need to pull everything together at our meeting on the 20th, so I sent out about 5 emails to get the ball rolling.  Michael came home with a 92…he said his drives were excellent, but he couldn’t putt to save his life.   Sounds like a typical golfer to me…one day one thing works…the next day something else works (or doesn’t  :~).  I made ham salad out of the rest of our ham and Michael had that for dinner before leaving for a playhouse board meeting.  He certainly got on the board at the wrong time….he was only on for 1-1/2 months, and the meetings changed from once a month to once a week!!!  

 I finally got some sewing going in the evening…my tumbling blocks piece is moving right along (see if you can spot the small changes in each picture):





















 


When Michael called at 9 to say he was on his way home, I headed upstairs to get the ham bone out of the crockpot (it had been cooking on the porch for about 15 hours) and get everything put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.