Friday, April 10, 2015

Cookie, champagne



Michael left early for golf on Thursday (4/9) which was a REAL bummer when I had to pack the car myself for quilting  :~).  Before I did, I put together a casserole from the batch of recipes I was filing earlier in the week.  I thought it was going to be kind of bland, so at the last minute I nuked a pound of green beans and stirred them in.  I baked it at quilting and I think around 6 of us got to try it and it was really good!!!  Kind of like a quiche, but not as dense.  I leaned over to Loree after we ate it and said “a pan of rolls would have gone really nicely with that”, and she agreed…..maybe next time  :~).  I had fun at quilting and got home after 2…..just in time to take the dog out and hop in the car for a trip to downtown Fort Mill.  I was meeting up with a woman from a South Carolina welcome center.  Sometime in 2013 she saw many of my craft items at our holiday sale and asked me to place some into her venue.  It seemed like a good idea when we got together last year, but nothing sold, so I finally wrote to say I might as well take the things back.  We met at the local HARDEES restaurant and talked for about an hour (she’s very nice!) and I was home for good by 4:30.  Michael was home from golfing…and even though he said he had a TERRIBLE time in the fairways…he shot an 81!!!  He took Cookie out for her usual afternoon run, and tried to take some pictures…but she’s always moving pretty fast as she chases her little Frisbee:   




 He watched THE MASTERS coverage until 7, then our date night began.  We haven’t spent much time together in the evenings this week, so we popped open the champagne, 


made popcorn and watched DATE NIGHT (a Tina Fey/Steve Carell movie) from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.