Thursday, April 2, 2015

dough, chocolate, bread, Connie, Michael, driveway party, brownies



Michael left around 8:30 on Wednesday (4/1) for golf here at SCCL.  I got laundry thrown in and made dough for bread before heading downstairs.  I mended a pair of Michael’s flannel lined pants (always a tricky proposition since you have to go in through the hole in the outside of the pants…no other way to get to it) and then got back to quilting on Minnie Mouse.  I went upstairs to check on my bread 1/2 way through quilting and it had risen more than enough…I got it shaped and into the pans 



and turned my attention to Mississippi Mud Brownies.  I had some unsweetened chocolate leftover from Christmas, and thought it might melt better if I shaved it….

 which was incredibly easy to do with my super sharp chef’s knife (which Michael sharpens for me on the first of every month :~)  I got the brownie bottom mixed and into the oven, and when that came out it was time for the bread to go in:



Connie came for a visit and she had EXCELLENT timing…the bread came out while she was here, so she got to enjoy….













here she is, hamming it up just for my blog readers!


















 along with Michael who came home from golf (with an 85…WHOO HOO) at the perfect time as well!  He was out in Joe’s backyard, so I cut and buttered pieces for each and they bonded on Joe’s back porch.    When Michael came home he had a second slice: he took it out on the porch with a glass of wine.   

what could be better!

 I finally got back to quilting and discovered something NOT good….when a quilter is sewing the rows together, if you don’t pin (and I usually don’t either) it is sometimes easy for the bottom row to slip out of place to where it doesn’t get caught in the stitching.  This has happened on 2 other quilts I’ve done for people…luckily in those instances, I found it when I was ironing, and I could stitch it up on my sewing machine.  Well…I discovered the same thing on the Minnie quilt …unfortunately it is already loaded and 1/2 stitched out.   



 There’s not really any fabric available to close the gap, but I did my best…we’ll see how it looks once it is quilted over.  The weather was so nice we decided to have a driveway party…we had a nice group and a good time.  

Ann Mary, Anne, Susan, Evelyn

Jim & Joe

Bryce & Michael

Evelyn & Phil, Larry






















































I had finished off the topping for the brownies just before the party, so I served up 1/2 of them to the guests…they went like a flash.  


 I also ran some down to Paula…Paula is the reigning queen of cooking here at SCCL, so it is always fun to share food back and forth. We came back in at 6:30 and I got the last 2 rows done on the quilt before Janice SKYPED in at 7:30.  We talked for just over an hour, and afterwards I headed upstairs to watch TV with my honey and sew in the threads on the quilt.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.