Sunday, April 5, 2015

peanutbutter cup cookies, new quilt



Saturday morning (4/4) we were both up early…Michael to get ready for golf and me to get in a full day in the studio, as well as a little baking.  I finally finished sewing the binding that I started on Thursday...YAY!!!  I am hoping to use a pattern that Pat W gave me for Michael's airplane bag, and I finally settled down to really read all of the directions….I need to cut out SEVENTEEN pieces of fabric for this bag!!!!!  I got through cutting out most of the outside of the bag before heading upstairs to take the dog out.  I made the mistake of reading my book while I was eating lunch…and that was the end of my productivity.  Luckily I finished it by dinnertime….it was another Liane Moriarty book from the library called THE LAST ANNIVERSARY….so far I have loved both of her books…can’t wait to get the rest.  Michael came home from golf totally disgusted by his score, but he felt much better sitting out on the deck reading and enjoying the beautiful weather.  He suggested that we go out for ice cream for dinner…and I was all over that like white on rice…so we headed down to our local Baskin/Robbins.  I had one scoop of chocolate, one of pecan praline and one of cookies and cream.  He had a banana split with 2 scoops of chocolate chip and one of pecan praline….everything was yummy and (surprisingly to me) we were both full for the rest of the evening.  When we got home he wanted to watch one of his shows, so I put together these new cookies….peanut butter cookies with a Reese’s Peanut butter cup in the middle.   



 These will be mailed off to Marc on Monday for his birthday.  After that we watched TV together and I FINALLY stitched down the label and wove in the ends on a quilt I quilted WEEKS ago…feels good to have it done:
these were the 3" squares I found in a drawer one day...

and this is the quilting pattern my friend Leila wants on her quilt




1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what's almost finished and lurking in our drawers ! Good job. I love Leila's quilting pattern choice. It reminds me of the Jetson's ! ;) MJ in CT

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.