Thursday, August 16, 2018

Weaving luncheon


I had a meeting at the Lake House first thing Wednesday morning (8/15) and then worked on the rainbow quilt until just after 11 AM.  I headed back to the Lake House to meet up with 5 other weaving women and head out to lunch.  We drove to uptown Charlotte and had lunch at 300 East, a restaurant set in a converted house.  

Rosalie, Marilyn, me, Pam, Carole, Kathey

Rosalie had eaten there and thought we might like it, and it was wonderful.  I guess I’d call it American fare, with a twist.  I had chicken salad, with asparagus mushrooms and cheese: 



Carole had a quesadilla, 



Marilyn had pizza, Rosalie & Pam both got chickpeas, but in different dishes

this is Rosalie's salad

and Kathy had salmon.  

After lunch I told them they weren’t allowed to go anywhere until they shopped in my trunk.  Did I tell you that Jan had given me 6 huge bags of yarn that she was getting rid of?  The weavers went crazy and we had the best time handing some of it out.  















Not one of them ever said 'oh, this is beautiful, I'll take this'.  Everyone kept saying 'oh, this is beautiful, YOU should take this' and 'oh this is beautiful, YOU should take that'.  We managed to fill up each others arms quite nicely.  

Rosalie


Carole

Pam

Kathy


Marilyn


The rest of the yarn is going to be donated to Prayerful Knitters here at SCCL.  We stopped at a stationery/gift store after that with lots of really interesting stuff and I didn’t get home until after 4!!!  

Michael had leftover pizza for dinner and I worked for just a bit more on the rainbow before joining him to watch TV and knit on a charity hat for the rest of the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.