Friday, August 10, 2018

Trunk Show at SHQ, Canada - Day 6


I have been out of blue fleece for the backing on my Quilts of Valor for some time.  Joann, etc has been advertising that fleece would be 75% off starting Thursday (8/9).  I tried to use the website to order some at 7:30 AM, but kept having problems, so I decided I just needed to suck it up and drive up to my local one.  I was there at 9 AM….first one in the door and I scored 22 yards of fleece (which will play havoc with my stash spreadsheet….especially after FOUST, but I couldn’t pass it up at $2.50 a yard…the cheapest I’ve ever gotten it for :~).  I headed straight for quilting from there and was only 10 minutes late from my usual time.  We had a speaker today, 



Corinne S did a trunk show for us, and her quilts were phenomenal:  


her earliest quilt

another early one









































definitely one of my favorites!!





note borders


another one of my favorites with the subtle rainbow background
















PLUS, she brought along tons of her $5 per yard batiks!!!  We had our own show and tell once she left (although people really didn’t want to show anything after her artistic masterpieces), but our group appreciates everything!!  


another pillow class done!


















I made a quick stop at the library and was home just before 2 PM.  Michael got in about 5 minutes before I did and he was ELATED with his 77 (and 2 birdies).  We both spent time on our computers…and then I just had to take a nap.  I haven’t slept well for the past 2 nights, plus for some strange reason I am always tired when I come home from quilting.  When I got up I continued reading this book that Ellen (local library lady) turned me on to…..OMG!!!!  I could NOT put it down; it had incredible twists and turns to the very last page!!!!!  It is THE WIFE BETWEEN US by Greer Hendricks….if you want a good page turner (probably a chick book), check it out!!  

Michael had a salad for dinner and I just had cheese & crackers before settling in to sew just a bit and watch some TV.  I got 3 blocks done for newest quilt from that beautiful rainbow strata:















Canada

Day 6 – Jasper National Park.  Michael and 7 others from our tour got to go golfing.  He said the course was a tiny bit distracting because he would line up his shot, then look up and see the soaring mountains…again….the scenery was not to be believed…he found it breath taking.  And apparently you see different kinds of wildlife depending on where you are golfing…in Florida…it’s alligators….here in South Carolina….it’s slithery things….well…in Canada they saw a BEAR!!!!  As they were driving up to the green on one hole, the rangers asked them to use the path on the other side of the fairway as there was a grizzly bear up ahead that they were trying to scare off….UNREAL!!!  I spent several hours in the pool in the morning, and then the rest of the day in the lobby, talking to people and reading one of the books I downloaded to the IPAD.  

In all I read 3 books on the trip (finishing the last one once we got home) and they were all excellent! (Jenny Colgan’s THE BOOKSHOP ON THE CORNER (I definitely want to read more of hers), Tom Sancton’s DEATH OF A PRINCESS (obviously about Princess Diana…such a waste) and Liane Moriarty’s latest TRULY, MADLY, GUILTY).  I started Michael Pollan’s HOW TO CHANGE YOUR MIND….which wasn’t at all about what I thought it was going to be, but didn’t get a chance to finish it….I need to take it out as a hardback and finish it.

2 comments:

  1. I’m liking this new rainbow quilt! Ant wait to see more lay out!
    AM143

    ReplyDelete
  2. One good reason to keep your quilts - a trunk show ! Thanks for sharing all these great AND inspiring quilts..

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.