Wednesday, August 29, 2018

lots of Ethel, customer quilt done


Michael left before 9 AM for a variety of stops: routine doctor’s visit, Triple A (about our trip next year), CVS, WALMART (where he called to say he was having fun walking around!) and the car wash.   I headed downstairs, determined to make progress on the latest customer quilt.  Now, I’ve done 2 quilts with excellent tension…but this one was wonky right off the bat.  So, I had an extended ripping session, then worked on my tension, did a couple more samples and kicked it off again and this time everything worked.  I had company…and just like her predecessor, Ethel is sleeping on the softest surface she can find….the 2 newest quilts:  







I continued to sew on the Half Log Cabin while the quilt was stitching out…and by dinnertime the quilting was done: 















and I had all of the patriotic blocks sewn into rows:


Well, I’m glad I put the rows back up on the design wall before sewing them together because I definitely have a mistake!  Can you see it?  It’s in the bottom right hand quadrant….I’ll give you till tomorrow to find it  :~).  So, as you might imagine, once Michael left for the movies, I did a bit of ripping, then re-sewing.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I think the small strips of fabric are different. On the right side the fabric is blue with a small star design and the left side it’s more of a periwinkle blue.
    Barb W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next to last row one block in - with a little coaching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cheated and went back to the first pic of it. It does look different but it is not just the right hand quadrant. But I like it this way. It looks 3 dimensional.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.