Saturday, August 4, 2018

lots of pics of furry babies


Friday, August 3 at 11 AM….we’re finally home!!!!!  

Yesterday was an incredibly long day….we were up at 6 AM, had a delay on our flight out of Calgary and another delay on our flight out of Minneapolis.  We finally reached the airport hotel (we had always planned to stay overnight there as we were supposed to get in just before mid-night) at 2 AM.  They booked us into a room that is literally as far away from the elevator as you can possibly get….and the key doesn’t work  :~(.  We finally make it to bed at 2:45 AM and I finally fall asleep sometime after 3:15 AM.  We got up around 9 AM and headed home and had a lovely talk with Anne and got in a lot of snuggling with our babies  :~).  

We got some laundry done, took a nap and had puffy things for dinner.  We decided to forgo the champagne as we were both so tired we thought it would put us to sleep by 8 PM!

So, those of you who know me well know that I really don’t like to go on vacations.  I miss my home and everything it in, but I especially miss my fur babies.  Well…this vacation was a bit different.  Anne: 


was our house/dog/cat sitter and I got stories and pictures and videos every single day:  

















And one very special picture of Ethel grooming Cookie:



It certainly made it very easy for me to not be worried about them…and I LOVED hearing about and seeing pictures of them while we were gone.

I'll start to include write-ups about Canada along with my regular daily log, but you should know right up front that we had a wonderful group of people to travel with and eat with and laugh with.  It was a terrfic trip!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are home safe and sound. Can't wait to see some of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - it's a bummer when there's all kinds of delays on the trip home. Good thing you had planned on staying at the hotel.
    Looking forward to hearing all about your trip ! Great pics of the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.