Sunday, August 19, 2018

baby quilt laid our, bread, Lucy & Ethel


I got laundry in and bread dough started before Michael left for rehearsal Saturday morning (8/18).  I headed to my studio after that, determined to make a big push on the baby quilt.  I think Sally’s granddaughter is due to arrive mid-to late September, so I’ve gotta get that moving along.  I started putting the HST’s together into same color pinwheel blocks (I just thought it made for a softer looking quilt) and putting them up on the design wall once each color was done:  




Barb S (a neighbor) stopped over around 10 AM to drop off fabric for an embroidery she wanted done.  We worked together on that for a bit, and finally it was saved to a disk, ready to be stitched out.  Kathy (weaving friend) was out walking and stopped by to visit as well.  When Kathy found out (a couple of months back) I was getting rid of my old rope purse, she asked if she could have it as it was in all of the colors she liked.  There was no way I was giving it to her….it was so very faded and worn, but since Pat made me a new and beautiful airplane bag, I thought it would be nice if I gave my old one away…and Kathy was THRILLED to get it:  


By then it was time to put the bread in to bake and I read my book while that was happening.  

















I ran 1/2 a loaf over to Pam (another weaving friend) who has been going through a really bad time with PULTE because her foundation is cracking and PULTE is moving at a snail’s pace to get it fixed….and another 1/2 a loaf went to a Bill M who is just home after hip surgery.  By the time I got everything done it was NOON and Michael was home from his rehearsal.  We talked for a long while, then decided to put together the lasagna for our dinner, before he headed into the media room to relax, and I headed to my studio to continue working (which is relaxing for me  :~).  I got the embroidery stitched out: 


and Barb S swung by to pick it up, then I took about a million pictures of Lucy & Ethel, playing on the bedroom cat tree:











Or course when I tried to take a video of them playing, they immediately stopped.  I headed back to the studio and continue to work on the baby quilt.  

We had our lasagna for dinner around 7 PM (with the sauce I made from Loree & Reg’s tomatoes) and it was yummy!  I sewed for a bit after dinner and finally finished all of the pinwheels:  






Michael and I ended up going to bed at 10 PM (which is a little early for us) and I just couldn’t fall asleep.  I ended up reading my book until mid-night (THE PULL OF THE MOON by Elizabeth Berg), and finishing it.  I don’t know how to describe what this book was about, but I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.