Sunday, August 5, 2018

Pat sews, last butterfly winner, bread, cookies, Hunter's Star loaded, Canada Day 1

I had 2 unexpected emails while I was traveling in Canada….Pat has been slaving over a hot sewing machine, and these are just some of the many beautiful things she made:   


















AND, Arizona Mary is finally home from her summer travels to find a surprise in her mail:  


Yep, she was the final winner of the butterflies….can’t wait to see what you guys all do with them, (obviously just looking at them and smiling counts!!)

***********************


I can’t believe he had the energy, but Michael left for golf by 8 AM on Saturday (8/4), while I got bread dough made before heading downstairs. I ran through my emails and one of the blogs I read (https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/) said that today is National Chocolate Chip Cookie day….so I had to mix up some of those as well!  Michael did a quick run to the grocery store in the morning, and I also got some yoghurt started in the crockpot for him (gotta get the fridge full again  :~):  



I had a long talk with Jan….her house went on the market last Saturday….and SOLD WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!!!!  She is moving in 2 weeks (8/17)!!!!!!!!  Yikes….I knew it would be fast as her house is so light with all of the windows in her sun room, but that is incredible!!!  Pat stopped by for a visit and stayed for over an hour as we talked and talked.  Michael was home before NOON (he only played 9 holes) and left for his first rehearsal for TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE around 12:30...he got the email in Canada that he had been cast as the lead.  I finished up baking the bread and cookies:  















and  ran the extra 1/2 loaf over to our house sitter Anne before heading to my studio around 2:30 PM.  

I made backing for the Hunter’s Star quilt and got that loaded on Miss Scarlett and got the quilt top and batting loaded and basted as well:  















When Michael came home, we both spent time on our computers, looking at all of the pictures from both the camera and the IPAD.  I think our kitties really missed us while we were gone as they both came downstairs and slept on my cutting tables:





After that I got the pattern set up for my quilt on the computer, then we headed upstairs to grab a pizza for dinner and to snuggle and get a little caught up with our TV shows before bed.

CANADA


You remember we got up at o’dark hundred on Tuesday, July 24th and headed to the airport?  Michael surprised me with seats in first class….my first time and boy, was it an experience!  On the way to Minneapolis they gave us breakfast:  



I can’t believe how good it was...that egg sandwich was yummy!  We had a layover in Minneapolis…the airport was totally cool: 


and were finally headed to Vancouver.  They fed us lunch on that plane:  

Michael had the beef

I had the chicken/kale salad


and it was excellent…the tiramisu dessert was outstanding:  



Golly, I was stuffed before our tour even started.  

We were met by a Taulk driver at the airport and eventually met our fellow travelers:

Kevin & Kathy




Judy & Fred



Rick & Sharon















Doug & Sally

Donna, Anna (Jack's mom) & Jack

Wayne & Kathi



Suz & Mike




Roy & Carter


and our tour guide Tommie:



at our welcome dinner reception.

2 comments:

  1. Deb, it was so great to meet you on the trip through Canada ... you were a highlight, with your constant smile and laughter and high spirits you already got me in a good mood, even when I my cold was at its worst. I am completely impressed by your productive Saturday -- bread, cookies, yogurt, quilting ... wears me out just thinking about it! And, would you share your recipe for crockpot yogurt -- looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No photo of the both of YOU ?! As I was looking through them I kept thinking - wow - everyone's dressed up ! But you explained why at the end. Congrats to M on his leading role !!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.