Friday, August 17, 2018

SHQ show and tell, dinner with jan

Michael was up at 6 AM on Thursday (8/16) and I followed at 6:30 AM with lots to get done.  I ran my emails and got my blog out and got cleaned up and was out the door (after ny honey loaded the car) just before 8:30 AM.  Pat W is leaving for Chicago again today and we haven’t seen each other in forever!!!  I stopped by her house to drop off some muslin and just get in a little visiting before heading for Scrap Happy Quilting.  Scrap Happy was wonderful as always….I finished up all of the blocks for my Thursday project….now have to find something new for next week!  And I have to locate a layout for these half log cabin blocks.  

We had great show and tell:  






I asked Sandy to put her finger there to get some perspective on those squares...they finish at 1/2 an inch!!!

and another one with slighty larger squares...but TONS of them!!!



I LOVE this poppy fabric


Mary Ann made zippered pouches out of placemats!


another "Loree" pattern quilt

a visito with her first quilt


a birthday gift of New York Times articles from the year she was born!


And after everyone left, the Scrap Happy board met to go over a few things, so I didn’t get home until after 3 PM.  BUT, I did come home with another yummy box of tomatoes from Loree:



I just putzed in my sewing room until after Michael left for rehearsal at 5:30.  Jan and I were supposed to go out to dinner, but it took a long time for someone to swing by and pick up something from her house, so we didn’t leave until 7 PM.  We went to a local Mexican place and it was yummy:  














She wanted a peach milkshake after that, so we headed to Chic-fil-a, but it was closed!!!  Something happened with the electricity out there and they didn’t have any, so they closed.  Jan said FREDDY’S had good milkshakes, so we headed there, and were in the drivethru line for 30 minutes!!!  She said they cook everything to order, so we should have gone inside, but eventually we both had our chocolate milkshakes and headed on home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.