Wednesday, August 8, 2018

BRight Strata totally done, Canada - Day 4


Michael headed out to breakfast with his golfing buddies on Tuesday (8/7) while I headed to the dentist to get a crown started  :~(.  I do think jet lag or vacation let-down finally hit us as we both didn’t want to get up this morning and we’re both moving v-e-r-y slowly. 

I got home around 1 PM and had a nice l-o-n-g chat with Mary Jo (she’s leaving for Norway in about 3 weeks)!  And after, I finally had something to eat…..only chewing on my right side!  Pat stopped by for a quick visit 














and finally at 4 PM I fired up Miss Scarlett to finish quilting on the Hunter’s Star.  By the time Larry picked up Michael for the movies at 7 PM, the quilting was done on the Hunter's Star: 


and by the time he got home again after 10 PM, the binding was totally done on Bright Strata, so I have another finished quilt for Clinton:  



We watched TV for a bit and I trimmed and pressed more HST’s for the baby quilt.

Canada

Day 4 – we had a lovely breakfast on the ferry to Tsawwassen: 















then boarded the train to go to Jasper National Park.  



our 'suite' before being made up for the night


We ate lunch on the train (of course the meals were my favorite part....just like North by Northwest, which I watched again only a few weeks before we left!), 


Michael had the shrimp & scallops

I had the chicken



then headed back to our windowed car with the rest of our group to talk and laugh and watch the gorgeous scenery go by.  
















All too soon it was time for dinner:

Michael had chicken cordon bleu

I had some kind of beef & gravy which was excellent!



and eventually bedtime....which was QUITE the experience!  Upper and lower bunks!  While lying on the lower bunk, Michael could reach out and open the bathroom door, and could also open the door to our 'suite'....all without moving from the bed!  Since Michael sometimes gets up at night, and I rarely do, I said I'd take the top bunk....getting into that was certainly an experience I'd rather not have again.  


The best thing that happened was, as we entered our room I heard thumps and bumps from the next cabin.  I looked at Michael and said 'oh no, they're doing it!', which sent me off into a huge fit of the giggles.  The woman next door heard me (the walls are paper thin) and she started to giggle as well.  Well....we couldn't stop!  We literally laughed for almost an hour....one of us setting the other one off, until finally we got control.  The next morning I was dying to see who was in the next cabin.  I opened the door and peeked out every couple of seconds.  Finally the second cabin down opened up and Sally came out...she asked who was in between us (she too heard all of the laughing from the previous night) and I said I didn't know...I was waiting to find out.  Finally the door opened and Judy (of Judy and Fred who we had already had a great time with) came out...looked at me...and of course we both went off into gales of laughter again  :~).  That is a great memory from this trip.



2 comments:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.