Tuesday, August 28, 2018

baby quilt on bound pile, Jane's martini night


Michael was up and out for golfing before 7:30 AM on Monday (8/27), while I had a leisurely breakfast before heading to the studio.  I spent quite a bit of time on the computer, buying songs for my IPOD.  After that I synced it up and plugged it in and spent the day groovin’ and sewing  :~).  

First up was getting the 2 baby quilts cleaned up (bobbin ends woven in, basting ripped out, trimmed) and on the to-be-bound pile:  



Mariann stopped by in the morning to pick up her convergence quilt:  



Next up was kicking off my embroidery machine for labels for the 2 baby quilts:  















While those were stitching out, I basted the next customer quilt:  















And I made a start on sewing the latest patriotic (called a Half Log Cabin) blocks into rows.  I really am much more productive when I listen to music than when I try to watch TV :~).  I had sleeping company for most of the day:



Michael came home from golfing at Ballentyne (and after a great stop at Big Daddy’s Burgers) and went over his lines before leaving for rehearsal just after 5 PM.  

I got cleaned up and headed over to Jane’s for martini night.  Only seven of us could make it: 

Jane (our hostess) and Alice

Bonnie & Barb

Joyce & Andie

but what a fun evening it was.  Jane had an Asian theme going for dinner and it was terrific:  

fried wontons

egg rolls

won ton soup

shrimp & broccoli

beef & chicken

schzuan chicken



After that we played HUMM-ble with kazoos….WHAT a SCREAM!!!  My stomach hurt SO BAD from the laughing…..it was a hoot!  We paused for dessert, rice pudding AND tiramisu: 



and continued playing until after 10 PM when we finally all headed home.  It was a delightful evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.