Friday, August 31, 2018

SHQ show & tell


Michael was up at 6 AM on Thursday (8/30) for an early tee time and I followed shortly afterwards.  I got my blog out and my cream strips cut (for my Thursday project) before heading upstairs to get laundry in.  I left for quilting after a quick stop at the grocery store for some goodies….today is our charity day and I figured whoever showed up to work on stuff deserved some treats!  I wanted to bake something….but could find NO butter in my freezer  :~( …..so Harris Teeter it was  :~).  We worked mostly on pocket prayer quilts and got quite a few done:  

Loree













And we had our regular show and tell:  



made from old rotary cutter blade, soda can tabs & buttons!!!!






I stopped at the library on the way home, and then read for just over an hour before leaving to pick up Pat at the airport.  She’s been in Chicago for 2 weeks and it was so terrific to talk and talk all the way home.  Sje did get a tiny bit of sewing/embroidery done while she was up there:



We settled into her sun room and talked until around 8:30 when I headed home to snuggle with my honey until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.