Sunday, August 12, 2018

Paula's layout, spaghetti sauce, Paula's incredible cake, Canada - Day 8


We got up rather late on Saturday (8/11) and Michael took off with Cookie for a walk, while I got my blog out and cleaned up the kitchen a bit.  I was looking forward to an entire day spent in my studio, and I got an added bonus.  





Paula was trying to lay out a quilt where the blocks are on point, and was having a hard time.  I told her to come down to use my design wall….so that was a nice interlude….we got to talk while she was laying it out.  

After she left I got busy finishing up with the tomatoes.  They had been cooking for 24 hours on low….I already had 5 – 6 cloves of garlic cooking in there with them: 















but I picked a bunch of basil from the garden and got out my trusty stick blender…..a few minutes later I had thick beautiful looking sauce:  



















My new customer swung by after that (it ended up she couldn’t come yesterday) and dropped off a quilt, after which I continued to work on the rainbow.  I still haven’t come up with a name for this quilt….and I work on so many rainbow quilts that I’m looking for a suggestion, so please weigh in  :~).  I got 4 more blocks done 


as well as making progress on the rest of my stratas.  

We had leftover One Pot Pasta for dinner before heading up to the lodge to meet Paula & Doug and 3 other couples for a Beach Boys tribute band.  















The band was terrific, the dancing fun, and of course Paula made a spectacular cake to share with everyone:  















It was YUMMY!  Michael and I watched a FOOD NETWORK STAR episode when we got home before heading to bed.


I know it’s been awhile, so we weighed the kitties last week…they’re getting SO BIG!!

                  Ethel              Lucy
                       
6-Aug       6 lb 4 oz           7 lb
6-Jul         5 lb 4 oz          5 lb 14 oz
10-Jun      4 lb 6 oz           4 lb 14 oz
2-Jun       4 lb 2 oz           4 lb 9 oz
20-May     3 lb 11 oz          4 lb 2 oz
13-May     3 lb 9 oz           3 lb 15 oz
6-May       3 lb 4 oz           3 lb 10 oz
29-Apr     3 lb 0 oz           3 lb 5 oz
22-Apr     2 lb 13 oz          3 lb 2 oz
15-Apr      2 lb 7 oz           2 lb 11 oz
8-Apr       2 lb 6 oz           2 lb 8 oz
1-Apr        2 lb 3 oz           2 lb 4 oz

Canada

Day 8 – You know, we took a trip to Alaska many years ago and saw not one bit of wildlife, even on our tour of Denali.  In Canada we were tooling down the road from Lake Louise 


















to Banff, and big horn sheep were visiting us on the side of the road:  






2 comments:

  1. How about Labryinth or Pacman. The purple lines remind me of a maze or a pacman game

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.