Wednesday, August 22, 2018

layout of half log cabins, Evelyn & Larry


Michael was up and out early on Tuesday (8/21), running errands (meeting with Triple A lady about next year’s trip, Best Buy, chiro, pet food, grocery shopping, movie tix) while I headed to my studio to continue moving forward on several things.  I called my customer in the morning and she agreed with all of the changes I wanted to do on her quilt and the reasoning behind them, so I got my bobbins wound and kicked off the quilting.  

After that I decided to lay out my Thursday blocks….OMgoodness, I LOVE the pattern:  





















However, due to the very specific layout, it makes a square quilt…which I don’t like.  I also need 2 more blocks at a minimum, so I got the strips cut for those and I think I can definitely polish those off this Thursday  :~).  

Barb D stopped by to drop off another quilt to be done (meanwhile my quilt tops pile up and up and up  :~).  I got a little more done on the binding for the Hunter’s Star before leaving at 3:30 to pick up Evelyn & Larry:  


We headed out to see CRAZY RICH ASIANS…..a surprisingly good and funny movie.  And the location shots of Singapore were stunning!  We all had dinner at Hwy 55 on the way home, and Michael and I read for the rest of the evening once we got home.


***MMR - Michael’s Movie Reviews ***

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE #6 – Tom Cruise must have found the fountain of youth!!!  He’s 54, but looks, acts, fights, runs, jumps, shoots and flies (!) like he’s 34!!  MI6 is action packed, slyly funny, always entertaining and goes a mile a minute!  The usual plot, someone’s going to slow up the world and he and his team have “X” number of hours to stop it!  Who care?  Enjoy the ride and buy an extra large popcorn & soda!!!  I give it FIVE fat quarters out of FIVE!!


1 comment:

  1. Love the new log cabin blocks !!! What's the Fat QTR rating for Crazy rich Asians ?!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.