Thursday, August 9, 2018

cookies, new strata, Canada Day 5


Writing 2 days worth of activities and finding pictures for them (my regular day and a day from our Canada vacation) takes quite a bit of time, so that’s all I got done before SKYPE-ing with Janice on Wednesday morning (8/8).  We finished up talking after 1-1/2 hours, just as Michael left for BJ’s.  I wanted to bake some cookies for Michael to take to rehearsal in the evening, as well as having some to take to our newish neighbor (she has not been home the 2 times I’ve tried to drop off warm bread, so I decided to switch to cookies) so that was next on my list.  



I saw a tutorial years ago about how to make a ‘box’ from a paper plate…..I think it makes a slightly nicer presentation than cookies sliding all around the plate, so that’s what I did:  


I scooped the rest of the batter to flash freeze and then put into a zip lock freezer bag:  



You know one of my mottos…in my house you’re never more than 20 minutes away from a fresh warm cookie  :~).  I finally made it downstairs by NOON….excited because since I totally finished a project yesterday (Bright Strata), I get to start something new today!!!  I saw a rainbow quilt on PINTEREST that I just fell in love with.  Luckily the pattern was relatively easy to figure out from the picture, since the directions were in Polish!  I started cutting my strips for that quilt (as for now I’m just making an educated guess on how many strips I will need for the size I want), and that took me until almost dinnertime.  





Michael and I had leftover pizza for dinner, then he took off for rehearsal (for Tuesdays with Morrie).  Since I wasn’t 100% sure I had figured out the sizes correctly on this new pattern, I dropped back to the BG/MJ method and just got one strata sewn together before Michael got home.



Canada

Day 5 – after our night on the train, we arrived in Jasper National Park. 




our cabin....we were next to Judy & Fred again!

a family to welcome us

Michael and I opted out of the rafting trip scheduled for that day and instead did a couples massage….it was heavenly….and spent several hours in the pool.  We had dinner that evening at an Italian restaurant and I had lobster ravioli with a side of charred asparagus.  The sides were easily large enough to feed 2 – 3 people.  Several people ordered the asparagus and I ended up eating every bite of mine…it was the best I’ve ever tasted!!!  And the lobster ravioli was divine.  Michael had shrimp fettuccini, with a side of sautéed mushrooms, which he also said was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.