Monday, July 2, 2018

waffles, Pat, Ethel & video of Lucy


I made overnight waffles for breakfast on Sunday (7/1): 



and we had a guest:  














After breakfast Pat and I spent a lot of time in the studio….talking…and more importantly, picking out fabric for a new purse she is making for me to take on vacation.  We started out in one direction, then went in totally another direction with the fabric.  We are both in love with the new fabric and I can hardly wait to see it finished!!  I was back in my studio and kicked off quilting on Two Step around NOON.  I’m using the same pattern as I did for Bright Strata:  


I really liked how it looked.  In the afternoon I continued to work on my HST’s for the Hunter’s Star quilt and by dinnertime I was finished sewing the last of the HST’s into quarter blocks: 

in case you can't tell, these are 2 different blocks that spin in different directions.  The layout of this quilt will certainly be a challenge....I'm glad Michael will be doing it and NOT me  :~)

and over halfway done with my quilting.  I started having to watch each row of my quilting because for some reason my pressor foot is getting caught on my basting.  I don't know why it started happening and it is really annoying since it messes up the stitching pattern which I then have to correct.

I really wasn’t very hungry by then (it was 7 PM), so skipped dinner and settled in with my honey to watch THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW!!!  That always makes me want to get up and bake something  :~).

I have a picture of Ethel....on her favorite perch:


watching her sister Lucy cavort far below with one of Ginny's bird type gifts (video):




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.