Monday, July 9, 2018

breakfast on the lanair, initial layout of Hunter's Star


Sunday morning (7/8) we finally got a break in the weather….it was only 70 degrees when we got up, so we opened up all of the windows and had breakfast on the lanair:  



Ethel

Lucy


By 10 AM I was downstairs basting the newest quilt.  



That took quite awhile and it was also nerve racking…a portent of things to come while I’m quilting it  :~(.  I finally stitched out 2 rows…and stopped!  My fingers had several close shaves (meaning they were almost stitched into the quilt) and several of the edges flipped back slightly.  My Facebook quilting group suggested PRESS “N” SEAL as a possible solution to this problem, so I’m not going to stitch out any more rows until I go and buy some  :~).  

I took the Trellis Quilt off of the design wall so that Michael could finally work on laying out my Hunter’s Star quilt.  The layout was challenging to say the least and it took quite awhile to figure out what went where since the star squares are only so slightly different.






BG - this is not correct....we're using all "A" blocks



BG - by now we understood "A" squares in one column, "B" in another!

I absolutely LOVE it!!!  The bad news is, I feel like I put so much work into this quilt, and it is only a slightly long Clinton size, when what I really wanted was a single bed sized quilt for Beds=Dreams.  I think I’m going to try to make 48 more quarter HST blocks for one additional row on the length.  That way if I add a 3 inch border after that, it will be large enough for B=D.

We had leftover One Pot Pasta for dinner and I spent the evening watching TV and trimming and pressing a few half square triangles for another project.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the look when it's all laid out, but knowing all the work you put into those HST I am not sure I'm hot to trot to make this pattern. Maybe when I retire and I feel ready for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it too !!!! Great job !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.