Tuesday, July 17, 2018

breakfast at Sally's, MESIG show & tell

Thanks to everyone who played…..you were all right, the new color was pink....in beautiful fairy frost fabric from Mary Jo's.  She used to carry this in so many colors and it was a beautiful addition to almost any quilt...~sigh~.  For those who don't know...once her son took over, many of our old favorites (that we bought over and over again in different colors) disappeared, and fairy frost was one of them:  



I gave Michael several fabrics to choose from to make the 48 new HST's, and he originally didn’t want the pink.  Usually I defer to his artistic eye, but sometimes a quilter’s eye is different, and I overrode his choice.  Once the squares were done and the blocks were up on the wall, he agreed that the pink I picked was the right color  :~).

*******************

Michael was up at 6 AM on Monday (7/16) for a very early tee time, while I followed more slowly at 7  :~).  First up was getting the oven up to 425 degrees to start my quiches.  Our oven takes FOREVER to heat up…that took almost 30 minutes.  I popped the quiches in and got my blog out before taking a shower and getting ready to go.  As usual it was a wonderful breakfast at Sally’s:  




Ann Mary & Gale

Ginny & Sally




























but I didn’t get home until 12:45!!!  I had time to take the dog out to pee….to make a pit stop myself  :~), and head back out for Machine Embroidery.  OMG!!!  Several new members (including a long armmer....YAY!!!  Can't wait to get to talk to him!!!)  and lots and lots of beautiful things:  





Pat's new garden flag




















on a t-shirt

another t-shirt



stitched AND painted

our challenge for month was to do Xmas and use metallic thread







Including the most beautiful and important of all:   












YES!!!!  Pat finished my second bag (a re-do of my airplane bag made many, many years ago).  I have a beautiful coordinating set of bags for our trip next week!!!!!!  

I got home after 3 PM and spent time on the computer as well as talking with my honey before Paula & Doug picked us up at 6:45 for dinner.  We headed to Hickory Tavern for B1G1 burgers.  We dropped the guys off at home and then Paula and I got in the golf cart and went touring the highways and byways of SCCL  :~).  It was a lovely long ride, a lovely talk, and Paula truly DOES know everyone in SCCL!!!!!  Surprisingly enough, when I got home around 8:30 I still had some energy and made a start on sewing some of my Hunter’s Star blocks together:  


I finally headed upstairs at 10 PM and Michael and I watched just a bit of TV before bed.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.