Wednesday, July 4, 2018

garden flowers, pizza for dinner


Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Tuesday morning (7/3), while I got my blog out.  He picked more flowers, this time from the back garden: 

I totally love this aspect of summer!

















We had breakfast, then he took off for errands (WALMART, PETSMART, chiro, Triple A) while I continued to work on quilts in my studio.  Michael came home with exciting and fun news…he picked up all of our travel documents (for our trip through the Canadian Rockies) and told me that Shannon (our trip advisor at Triple A) is pregnant!!  I see a baby quilt in my future (and of course hers  :~).  I got the Two Step quilt all trimmed and cleaned up and started to work on the binding.  I also made 2 labels exactly alike, for the Two Step and Bright Strata quilts:  


While I was working, both Lucy & Ethel managed to squish into their kitty bed….I haven’t seen both of them in there together in ages:  



I headed upstairs around 4 PM to get dinner started, since Michael was leaving relatively early for the movies.  We had 2 different kinds of pizza for dinner!  

For Michael, I layered pesto: 



garden tomatoes: 


and mozzarella cheese (and he snuck on a few mushrooms :~):  



And for me I layered caramelized onions: 



garden tomatoes and goat cheese:  



These pizzas were SO GOOD:  















Larry picked him up shortly after that, and I ran with Jan over to WENDY’s for FROSTY’s.  We got to talk for just a bit before I headed home to SKYPE with Janice at 7 PM.  We talked for about 1-1/2 hours….and I am totally excited that Janice & Dennis will be visiting on July 18!!!!  They will be coming down to finalize their house plans in North Carolina, and then will be stopping by to visit, have dinner and tell us all about it before heading home the next day!  

I got a second wind after Janice and I were done talking and completed the binding on one side of the Two Step quilt and made a start at sewing it on the second side.  I sewed until 10:30 when Michael came home.  We read our books for just a bit before heading to bed.


***MMR Michael’s Movie Reviews***

TAG – starring Ed Helms and Jon Hamm.  This movie is based on a true story about a group of guys who kept playing “TAG” for over 30 years!  Life-long friends decide as adults that the month of May will be “TAG” month.  Even though they don’t live near each other, they plot to “TAG” each other.  In the movie, one man has never been ‘tagged’ and the story centers around the rest of the guys ganging up to get him.  “Slow mo” action and “inner thought” comments add to the comedy.  It’s slapstick fun!!!  I give it 3 fat quarters out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty, pretty flowers! Were caramels in the errand list for Walmart๐Ÿ˜œ
    AM143๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.