Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Hunter's Star top finished, Michael's new phone


In case you were wondering...this picture:

Toni, Lynee, me, BG, Mary Jo

was taken on my wedding day  :~).  We invited everyone for a Memorial Day picnic and didn't tell them we were getting married.  About an hour after everyone arrived, Michael went upstairs and changed into his tux.  I was in the bedroom when he walked out on the back deck and I heard the gasp from everyone, then I heard my friend Toni saying "they're gonna do it....they're gonna do it RIGHT NOW!!!"  I can tell this picture was taken after the wedding because I still have on my wedding necklace jewels.  We were married in our backyard and it was just perfect!

*************************

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!  

I was up early on my birthday (Monday, 7/23) to get lots done.  I got my emails done and blog out and was showered and dressed and breakfasted and out the door by 8:30 to get to the chiro’s by 9 AM.  My lower back has been very tight and I was worried about the train/bus sitting on vacation, so went to have an adjustment on Friday morning.  I could already feel the positive change over the weekend, but wanted one more adjustment before we left.  

I made a quick side trip to MICHAEL’s to get a 16’’, size 8 needle for the trip….since once again I checked and I have loaned mine out and no longer have it  :~(.  I have bought so many needles this exact size over the years (because students never returned mine) that it is a tiny bit depressing…oh well, something that just happens when you teach knitting.  Funnily enough, several months ago I actually got a call from a former student that I haven’t seen in years…..she was incredibly apologetic that she was going through old knitting projects, and found these needles that she was sure were mine.  She offered to mail them back, but I told her to pick up her charity knitting again and get going…it was actually delightful to talk to her  :~).  

When I got home I immediately headed downstairs to sew together the Hunter’s Star border strips and to cut and sew together binding strips.  While I was doing that, Michael spent a frustrating HOUR on the landline phone trying to activate his new TRAC phone.  It is totally annoying to talk to a call center in India…with people incapable of doing any more than reading a script, with a heavy accent!!!  That’s all I’m going to say about that.  But, by 2 PM Michael was a happy camper because his phone was all set:


and I was a happy camper because I had the borders on the Hunter’s Star quilt:  


and the binding was all made.  It's ready to be quilted when I get home. 

We headed upstairs to start packing at that point.  














The kitties were racing around like mad:  


















We started with the large and medium suitcase, but I didn’t even have enough to fill the medium case, so Michael brought up the small one and that was a much better fit for me for the 10 days.  I’m not even taking Pat’s beautiful airplane bag she made for me…as I don’t have anything to put in it!!!  Don’t worry, when I go to Connecticut (hopefully the early part of next year), I’m sure I can get away with just my purse and the airplane bag  :~).  We finished packing and I gave away food to Anne, Paula and Angie & Kevin (who were at Bryce’s house putting edging around his garden), and had a relaxing evening the rest of the night.

In case you’re wondering, although my honey did give me my birthday gifts (a beautiful card that had me tearing up and 3 DVD’s I’ve been wanting), I am not really celebrating until my friend Inez visits in September.  We’re planning to bake something luscious every day and have people over to sample it….THAT will be my birthday celebration :~).

I've got another dose of cute....dad and AJ taking in the sites at the fair:



Here’s a video of the kitties playing on their tree while we were packing...sorry it's so dark, but I was shooting against the windows:



1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Deb. Have a wonderful trip. Hugs to you and Michael

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.