Saturday, July 21, 2018

customer QoV finished, brownies, deer, bunnies


Michael and I headed to the chiro first thing Friday morning (7/20), then stopped for a few groceries on the way home.  It was 11:30 by the time we got home and I made an incredible ‘mater sammich for lunch with luscious tomatoes Joe (our neighbor) brought home from the beach.  I got Mary Ann’s quilt trimmed (I got the ends sewn in and the basting ripped out yesterday):  

I LOVE this pattern and hope to do it some day


and she swung by to pick it up.  After that Michael and I spent a bit of time on our computers, making yet another payment on our trip to Tahiti for next year, and booking a parking reservation for this year’s trip.  I headed back upstairs after that to spend a couple of hours in the kitchen.

I made another devil’s food cake to be turned into a jello cake for tomorrow, as well as a pan of brownies (new recipe):  

1/2 swirled with caramel & 1/2 with pecans

I left them cooling and finally headed to my studio around 2:30.  Pressing the rows for the Hunter’s Star quilt takes a lot of time as I figure out which way I want all of the seams to go, so I spent 1/2 an hour doing that, until Paula showed up around 3 PM.  She came down to show us some things on the IPAD…and answered all of our questions!!!  Then Anne came a bit later to find out everything she needs to do when she is house/dog/cat sitting while we are gone…and everyone ended up staying until just after 6 PM!  I ran over to Pat’s to pick up my airplane bag (George had made a board for the bottom) and finally got to my studio around 7:30.  It must have been a night for wild life in the back yard because first there was this:  





















and for quite a long time too….and then there was this:  





all while I was pressing the Hunter’s Star rows.  I got all of the rows pressed, and even got a few sewn together before staggering upstairs at 10 PM….I was beat  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.