Thursday, July 5, 2018

more flowers, sandwich bread, kitties, Two Step totally finished


Happy 4th of July!!!!!  

Our neighbors Phil & Evelyn brought us even more gorgeous flowers from their garden:  




















Evelyn does such a beautiful job arranging them.  Michael left before 8 AM for golf on Wednesday (7/4), but not before trying to get pictures of our wild kitties, racing around the kitchen:  




I spent my morning in the kitchen.  I got sandwich bread made: 















And when he got home, Michael ran 1/2 a loaf over to Ann Mary & Jim, who had company visiting.

After that I started on something I probably haven’t made in at least 2 decades!  First up, a Devil’s Food Cake and then some cherry jello.  Once everything cooled, I poked holes in the cake and poured in the jello.  It got frosted with COOL WHIP, and tomorrow I’ll decorate just before taking to quilting.  

I spent the afternoon working on Two Step, and got it totally finished:  

another quilt for Clinton school

We had hot dogs and macaroni salad for dinner (in honor of the 4th), and I cut a little background fabric out for the baby quilt before joining Michael to watch TV.  A quiet, but really nice day!

When Michael got home from golf (with an 84), he tried to get a movie of the kitties….of course as soon as they see the camera now, they settle down and do nothing….just like kids everywhere  :~).  But here’s the video anyway:



1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.