Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Day 1 Vancouver

So...because I know a tiny bit more about my blog and how to sign in from other than my desktop I should be able to post a bit from the road (as it were)...but you really need to appreciate every single word because at home on my desktop with a full keyboard I am a wicked fast typist.  Here I’m typing everything with one index finger!!!  And definitely no pictures will be included because I have no clue how to do that!


We were up at o’dark hundred Tuesday morning (7/24) and were on the road to the airport by 5:15.  The drive was absolutely horrendous as there was torrential rain all the way...fortunately we arrived without incident.  We split a Cinnabon before boarding...yum!  I told several people before this vacation that everything would be a surprise as Michael plans all of our trips and that started as we boarded the plane right to FIRST CLASS SEATS!!!!! My honey is just the best!!!  Our flight to Minneapolis was uneventful, but was filled with breakfast and mimosas!!  We had a delay for just a bit in Minneapolis as they had an oversold situation and were not very successful in getting people to opt out.  But eventually we were in our new seats again with more mimosas in hand. We were served lunch on that flight (it’s been a food filled day already and we’re not even in Canada yet!  I did get on the scale this morning so I’ll know how bad it is once I get back.&). We arrived in Vancouver, got through customs (where I swear they searched the world over to find cameras that take the ugliest pictures ever)!!!  We were picked up in one of those black SUV’s that looked like it came straight from the FBI and delivered to the FOUR SEASONS in Vancouver.  We settled in, took a little nap and joined our fellow travelers for dinner.  It was FABULOUS!!!  Truly a four star meal.  We have a group of 19 people traveling together...it’s going to be fun getting to know everyone.  By the time dinner was over, it was midnight in South Carolina and we were beat.  After a tiny bit of TV, we were asleep.

2 comments:

  1. Wonder if you know how to do comment. Try and see! Fur babies send their love!
    AMπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸΎπŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fur babies send their love and are missing you!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.