Tuesday, July 3, 2018

flowers, Lucy, Two Step all quilted, BG in New Orleans


When I got up Monday morning (7/2), my house was filled with flowers:  














Even my celery is sprouting:  



Michael got them all picked before leaving at 8 AM for golf.  He didn’t have his usual omelet breakfast as they are going to be stopping somewhere for a big lunch before heading home; he indicated that he’s probably going to have just a salad or nothing for dinner (he ended up just having a couple of hard pretzels!)  

I headed to my studio first thing, determined to finish the quilting on Two Step.  This time it was Lucy on the highest perch, watching me work:  



I worked on it all day and in the afternoon also spent a good bit of time making a new dog/cat bed for the kitchen.  I stopped for a ‘mater sammich, with our own home grown tomatoes, around 6 PM (oh my goodness…YUM!!) and by 8 PM when I headed upstairs, the quilting was done:


I'm not 100% sure why I'm so glad the quilting is done...because now that means I have 2 quilts to bind  :~).  

BG has been visiting Arkansas cousins for the past week, but over the weekend they transitioned to New Orleans.  I told her there was one place she had to stop, and one thing she had to eat there....and since I got this picture last night, I think she listened:


And now a totally serendipitous happening (and thank you to the people who wrote to commiserate with me on the ‘state of the union’ :~).   I wrote about a ‘revolving door’ in the White House, and when I signed onto AOL today, they had an interesting article (who knew someone even keeps track of such things!): 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/07/02/from-top-to-bottom-trumps-white-house-churns-through-staff-report/23473032/.

1 comment:

  1. The quilting shows up very nicely on the 2-step ! Nice quilting pattern...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.