Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sweetie, blocks for Hunter's Star done, baby quilt, mystery pic

YOU CAN SAVE A LIFE!!!!


A note from Nadine = This is Sweetie….she was an owner surrender. I was at the shelter when her owner took her out of her carrier and put her into a cage. She buried herself under the towel in the bottom of the cage. She stayed like that for 2 weeks, barely eating and resisting all our efforts to get her out from under the towel. Poor little girl was so depressed and confused as to why she was there. I became concerned that she would get sick because of not eating and barely drinking any water.

The third week, I brought her home and put her in a pen in her living room. When I would open the pen and dig her out from under a towel, I would say how is my Sweetie?  Will you eat for me Sweetie? Hence the name.

I have now had her here for a month. She is loose during the day and tries to be friends with my cats. Unfortunately my cats are not too happy she is here. She loves to be petted and as soon as I sit, she is along side of me. She does not go on the counters or table and was trained very well by her previous owner.

I took her to the vet and she is healthy, about 9 years old . She would make a senior a purrfect addition and loving companion.

Please send me (Deb) an email or leave a comment with YOUR email if you are interested.  Please pass this on to anyone else you think may be interested.

***************************


Michael left for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (7/21) while I headed to my studio to continue cleaning up projects  :~).  I worked in the morning to finish sewing together the Hunter’s Star rows and by 3 PM I was done (it took FOREVER to press once it was together!!):  


And all of that time included over an hour of ripping!!!!  Instead of sewing row 9 to row 10, I sewed row 10 to row 9……it’s too hard to explain in writing….just trust me….it’s a boneheaded mistake that I’ve made more times than I care to tell you about (and I have numbered pins for the rows…..and I wasn’t drinking….so no excuses what-so-ever  :~)!  

Michael came home shortly afterwards with an 83 (with 2 birdies!!) so he was a happy camper.  We both cleaned up the house a bit, set out some sugary goodies: 


my jello poke cake...poked and filled by Paula


and put up extra chairs for a political meeting that started at 4 PM.  We weren’t in charge, just providing the venue.  Everyone was gone by 6 PM and Michael wanted to watch some of the British Open and I was happy to get back to my studio  :~).  

I continued to work on HST’s for a baby quilt and by the time I went upstairs to join Michael, I had all of the blocks done.  Sometimes simple is just beautiful...this is for our Triple A lady who helps Michael plan all of our trips.  She knows she is having a boy:



I hope to get all of the blocks sewn together before we leave on vacation.

I have several additional pictures today as well....BG's granddaughter went to Paris for a semester, and BG made her a quilt.  She decided to add in a pillow case to commemorate the event:


And now I have a 'throw back' Sunday picture....remember this:


and where and why it was taken?

3 comments:

  1. Your throw back picture. I recognize three of the gals. You, BG and Mary Jo. I bet it was a sewing or craft retreat???? in Connecticut???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had to be some type of 'party' - don't have a clue !!! It almost looks like my backyard in E. Hampton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2nd look at the photo .... It was your WEDDING DAY !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.