Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Trellis top almost finished, pizza for dinner


Michael headed out for golf at 8 AM on Monday morning (7/9), while I headed to the grocery store to buy PRESS “N” SEAL.  When I got home I ripped out all of the stitching that had flipped back the edges on the blue/yellow quilt, but I needed 4 hands to put the stitching back in, so I turned my attention to something else.  I had company while I was working….I love when Ethel sleeps on the top of the cat tree, she always has something (a leg or a tail or a head!) hanging over the side:  


And look where Lucy ended up….crammed up on top of the box, only inches away from the next level:  


I worked on my Trellis Quilt (putting in the rainbow sashing) until 2 PM when Paula came down to give me a hand with fixing my customer quilt.  She was a pro at working the computer to pull the bobbin and start and stop the stitching…and the PRESS "N" SEAL worked beautifully (although it's a tiny bit of a pain to rip out once the stitching is done)!!!  We were finished within an hour and talked for just a bit before she left.  

I went back to sewing on my Trellis Quilt and by dinnertime I had all of the vertical sashing sewn in:  



Michael and I both love it....I think he's sad it will be given away  :~(.  I still need a border on the top and bottom to make it large enough, but that’s a task for another day  :~).  

We made pizza again for dinner (I only had one lavash, so had to use pita bread for Michael's pizzas):  








then I headed out for a golf cart ride with Paula.  We rode around talking to each other and people on the street for quite awhile before heading home.  By then my honey was done watching ‘his’ programs, so we sat together to watch 2 of ‘our’ programs: FOOD NETWORK STAR and BIG BANG THEORY before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.