Monday, July 16, 2018

QoV loaded up, Hunter's Star layout complete, Cookie, bread, quiche


Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (7/15) while I got my blog out and then started to stitch out a thank you gift.  A friend is hand embroidering something for me and I wanted to make her something as a thank you….I’ll post pictures later on this week.  I had a bit of trouble with my thread on this project and ended up breaking 2 needles while it was stitching out.  So, long story short….this thread is going with me to Machine Embroidery on Monday to be given away….I know someone else can use it….the spool is way too big for my machine to handle.  After that I got a Quilt of Valor from a customer loaded up on Miss Scarlett:















Michael came down in the afternoon to finish laying out the Hunter’s Star quilt with the new quarter blocks….so of course Cookie came along and settled in to sleep next to dad.  She looked so cute with her head up on a pillow that I had to snap a pic or 2:















Here’s how the Hunter's Star used to look:  



And after making an additional 48 HST's, here's how it looks now:



Can you spot the new color?  Let me know in the comments if you see it and I’ll post the picture in tomorrow’s blog.  

We were totally out of sandwich bread, so I got that put together in the afternoon and Michael baked it.  















We had mac ‘n’ cheese (from a box!!!!  That I found when cleaning out my pantry!!!  I have no idea why I bought it!!) and chicken for dinner, after which I put together 2 quiches (to bake in the morning) for tomorrow’s breakfast with the ladies:

first I added Swiss cheese & ham

then added minced onion and asparagus



Here's your dose of cute....I got 2 videos of the Ethel in the morning:



5 comments:

  1. PINK but nevervwoukd have figured it out without your clue! And such a good Ethel - doing as Mom directed to reach over and jiggle this thingys!
    AM143πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸΎπŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink,
    Arizona(temporarily Michigan) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute - whoever was dangling the thread did such a good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb! The new color is pink. I love the quilt with all of the bright colors. The quiches look great too! I haven't made one of them in forever. Take care. djdauberman@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.