Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Pat makes new purse for me!!


It was another beautiful and cool evening Monday night, so Michael had breakfast on the lanair again Tuesday morning (7/10) before heading out to errands (Walmart, Petsmart, vet, Best Buy, movie tix).  I forced myself to go to my studio to continue working on my customer quilt.  Whenever I am worried that I’m going to have a problem with something, I definitely procrastinate about doing it….hence the ‘forcing’ I had to do to get myself to try another row of quilting.  My babies were watching me as I stitched out the rows:  




Later in the afternoon they retired to other spots:  

what's better for a little pillow than some folded over batting?














I don’t know if you can see the ‘paper’ in these pictures:  





Because the PRESS N SEAL is sticky on one side, if the slightest edge is sticking up (which it does frequently as the edges don’t seem to stay down), then the foot of my machine gets caught in the stickiness and drags it along.  It requires constant vigilance….plus my pounding heart to get through it.  I just kept going v-e-r-y-s-l-o-w-l-y and by dinnertime the quilting was all done….YAY!  and WHEW!!  No rips in the quilt and no turned back edges on the triangles.  I know it will take me a day (or 2 :~) to rip off all of the PRESS “N” SEAL, but it was worth it to get the quilting done with no mistakes.  My customer put a LOT of work into this quilt, and I am glad I could quilt it without anything happening to the 3D triangles  :~).

By then it was dinnertime and Michael had just settled in with his fried bologna sandwich when Larry called to ask where he was!!!  He was an hour off in his mind on when he had to pick Larry up for the movies….so he shoved his sandwich at me and headed out the door  :~).  I spent a bit of time on the internet as I was contacted by a person from the MAKE_A_WISH foundation about making something and I was looking for some embroideries.  

Pat stopped by to bring me a very special gift.  My regular purse has been a wreck for quite some time and a week or so ago Pat stopped by and we picked out fabric for a new purse.  It is all finished and she stopped by to drop it off:   






















I LOVE it….the fabric is Laurel Burch which I’ve had FOREVER and never thought I would keep it for myself.  It is just perfect and I can’t wait to use the purse.  Someone else liked it almost as well (or maybe better than) I did:  



that green lining matches her eyes perfectly  :~)

Pat and I sat and talked for quite awhile, but she finally left before 8:30 and I headed downstairs to sew until Michael got home around 9:30.  We watched TV downstairs while I continued to sew until bedtime.


2 comments:

  1. Hat a fun purse - absolutely LOVE it πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
    Guess my comment didn’t go through on yesterday’s blog- love the lay out of the Hunters quilt also!
    AM143🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat and I sat and talked for quilt awhile..........quilting is really on your mind. Cute purse.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.