Sunday, July 15, 2018

embroidered anniversary card, 3-D quilt finished, champagne & puffy things


My honey and I were both up before 7 AM on Saturday (7/14) with lots to do.  He made his traditional omelet for breakfast before heading out for golf here at SCCL.  He said he and Phil would be working on their strategy for the red/white/blue tournament coming up this Wednesday.  

First up for me (of course) was getting my blog out…I know several of my friends are always chomping at the bit to read it in the morning with their breakfast coffee (you know how you are!)  Next up was an anniversary card for a fellow quilter and neighbor Pat, and her honey Mike:  



Although we can’t attend their anniversary celebration, we wanted to drop off a bottle of Asti for them to share, and I wanted a special card and message to commemorate their 60 years together.  After that I spent another hour going over the 3-D quilt with a fine tooth comb.  I found a few more teeny, tiny areas with PRESS N SEAL, but now I believe this is totally finished:  














It has certainly been a learning experience for both me and the quilter  :~).   Lucy & Ethel slept through everything:  


I spent a bit of time after that getting the back loaded for my next customer quilt: 



before heading out with Michael to deliver the anniversary card with a bottle of Asti.  

It was date night on Saturday, so champagne (which was THE most beautiful color due to the frozen blackberries/raspberries/blueberries we added to keep it cold:  















and puffy things (chicken pot stickers), were the order of the day: 


I got another movie from the library ALONG CAME POLLY…another movie in which Hank Azaria has a small part.  It was a lovely day and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.