Monday, July 23, 2018

baby quilt top done, Trellis top done


Michael decided that since we had fresh bread, and he hadn’t had French Toast in awhile, that was what he’d make for breakfast on Sunday (7/24): 




doesn't this look luscious?

And of course it was a beautiful morning, so he ate out on the lanair, with all of the furry kids.  

I worked on the baby quilt for quite awhile and by dinnertime everything was sewn together, I had a border on:  

this is now all ready to be quilted when I get home

and I had made the binding!  

After that I got the final 2 borders on the Trellis Quilt and I LOVE how it seems to frame it now:  


Paula and I took a ride over to Jan’s in the afternoon, and I took along one of the new brownies for her to try.  I just had to take a picture of the bookcases in her sewing room.  These 2-1/2 feet wide by 8 feet high bookcases used to be CRAMMED with all of Jan’s quilting solids, arranged by color.  The real estate stager moved all of that fabric and now this is what the bookcases look like:  



Like something out of a high end quilting shop…right?  

When I got home, I cut out some squares to make HST’s for yet another baby quilt (this time for a girl): 



and also got strips cut for the border on the Hunter’s Star quilt.  Putting those borders on is the last thing I wanted to clean up before we leave on our trip.  

Michael harvested the last of our cherry tomatoes, and Lucy & Ethel were very curious as to what was in the basket:  














We got all of our laundery done and Michael started a bit of packing before we settled in to relax and watch TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.