Friday, July 13, 2018

SHQ show & tell, BG's quilts, MJ's convergence class


Michael did just 9 holes of golf at SCCL on Thursday (7/12), while I headed off to quilting just a bit late.  My stomach was really a bit wonky and didn’t finally settle down until around dinnertime.  But, I still had a good time at quilting and got a bit done.  All of my blocks with the second level on them (the white) were trimmed: 



and I started to put a third level of blue on some of them.  

We had lovely show and tell:  

June finished her 3D Christmas tree from our class a few weeks ago

Robin

This is a block of the WEEK that Sandy is doing....YIKES!!

Sandy B's hubby did this

look at all of those fussy cuts!

a Beds=Dreams quilt done by our group


and when I got home, I talked with Michael for a bit before taking a nap.  

We had hot dogs for dinner, then Michael wanted to watch one of his movies, so I headed downstairs and worked a bit on the blue pinwheels for the baby quilt.

On BG's recent trip to Arkansas to visit her cousins, she delived 2 quilts as gifts...I especially love the food themed one she gave to a prolific gardener:



















My friend Mary Jo has been on a daytime retreat that ran from Monday through Thursday.  She and another lady taught the convergence quilt pattern, and there were lots of interpretations:








This woman is 89 years old and still learning new things!













This is Mary Jo's....I LOVE it!  The border really finishes it off.





1 comment:

  1. It's always fun to get press in the Food and Fiber Floozie blog ! Thanks for sharing the quilt photos from Thursday quilting and BG... They're lovely !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.