Tuesday, October 8, 2013

the big reveal.....ENTRELAC!!


We had a B1G1 coupon for Brigg’s from the Sunday paper, so we headed out to breakfast on Tuesday (10/8).  When they brought out my breakfast, I immediately asked for a TO GO box…it was that big!!!  I think Michael and I could have easily shared a breakfast and both been totally full (the problem ALWAYS is, we can never agree on the same thing to eat…breakfast, lunch, dinner…it doesn’t matter, we never agree J).  Anyway, after breakfast he dropped me off at home and then headed to the courthouse to get our homestead exemption.  Once you turn 65, you can apply for an exemption, which  (I think) takes $50,000 off of the estimated value of your house for assessing taxes….cool beans!  While Michael was gone, I got Italian Wedding soup in the crockpot (the high today is only supposed to be 62 degrees (Deb says YAY…..Michael says BOO HOO!) I also got a chance to weigh out 2 of my oils…the coconut and palm kernel…since I wasn’t sure whether I had enough oil to make one log or two.  I was very happy that I had enough to make 2 logs of soap…so my first 2 oils are already weighed out and waiting…I figure Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.  Joanne picked me up for knitting and TADA…the debut of the entrelac sweater (it’s been done for several months and has been resting in my closet, eagerly anticipating the first cold day):

the big reveal!!!

of course they were still crabbing
about me wearing it with shorts!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 
I think everyone in Stitch ‘n’ Chat liked it…and several people tried it on.  I REALLY enjoyed that, because then I got to see it too.  It definitely looks fabulous on a tall, thin person, but…oh well  J. 
 
Joanne and I hit the grocery store after knitting (as did several other knitters) and I was finally home before 4 to a heavenly smelling house….and a beautiful note from my honey…

another late blooming rose....
 
We had an early dinner at 5, so that Michael could leave for rehearsal shortly afterwards….Donna and Lee came by for a quart of soup…and I spent the rest of the evening in the studio, working on my small ‘cruise’ purses, until he got home at 11.

4 comments:

  1. Love the look of your new sweater. It is Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Inez

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's BEAUTIFUL !! And wonderful to see you in such bright colors!! I predict many stops on the street for compliments...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your blog and I had to comment on that beautiful rainbow sweater! Love it. I’d wear it! Leila

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful hubby you have --- I hope you treat him right- "wink wink!"

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.