Tuesday, October 22, 2013


Michael was up at 6 AM for golf on Monday (10/21), while I lazed in bed until 7:30.  I got a bunch of paperwork done before heading up to the Lake House for my volunteer meeting.  It was in the 40’s when I left the house, and I took the golf cart, so I once again got to wear my entrelac sweater.  After the meeting, I hit the library and the bank on the way home.  While I was in the bank, another customer asked me if I had knit my sweater….when I said yes, she told me how beautiful it was and asked if it was a Kaffe Fassett design.  Kaffe Fassett is a big time designer in the knitting and needlework world, and I also believe he has a line of fabrics out and quilt designs.  I told her ‘no, it’s a Debbie Devokaitis design….and that’s me’!  She has had to give up knitting due to carpal tunnel, and I told her that I sympathized ….I can’t imagine if I had to give it up.  I can’t knit for long periods of time anymore…but as long as I’m careful my carpel tunnel doesn’t bother me too much.  Jan picked me up about an hour after I got home and we headed off to Joann’s.  I bought 6 things, and got to use all 6 of my 40% - 50% off coupons…..SCORE!  We also stopped at WALMART on the way home (groceries) and I finally got home close to 4 PM.  Michael and I had 1/2 an hour to connect, then Willa picked me up to go to the YORK COUNTY QUILT GUILD auction.  It was lots of fun…and I saved Michael a ton of money by not buying anything J.  We were home by 8:30 and I gave Laure Dickson a call and we proceeded to talk for 1-1/2 hours!  That was terrific, we haven’t connected in a long time.  She was in Columbia, SC recently, and I told her when she gets down there again, please give me a call and I will drive down and see her.  Michael was finally home by 10:45 and we watched a FRAZIER before collapsing into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.