Monday, October 21, 2013

craft fair


Michael was up at 6:30 AM on Saturday (10/19) for an early tee time and I hopped up as well to gather everything I needed for the fair and load the car.  I was at the Lake House by 8 AM and was all set up by 9:30.  The fair officially opened at 10, but people were already shopping by the time I was set up.  I couldn’t believe how many people told me how beautiful my display was (which I really appreciated since I know presentation is not my strong suit, so I try to work hard at it), and several women went so far as to tell me that my merchandise was also the nicest they saw…but it didn’t seem to matter, I didn’t do nearly as well as I have in previous years L. Check out the display, and be sure to notice the 2 beautiful ‘smurf ladders’ that my friend built for me:





 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jan and Beth both helped me with the booth, and Michael arrived at 2 to help pack up….feeling very pleased with the 82 he shot on the golf course.  We were home by 3 Pm and I was so exhausted I just sat and read my book while Michael took everything out of the car.  At 5:30 we headed over to pick up Sue and Dennis and then went to the dinner theatre at Fort Mill Community Playhouse.  Dinner was wonderful and the play was absolutely terrific!  We knew several members in the cast, and stayed to congratulate them before heading home.  We read for a bit before bed, but by 11:30 we were both very beat and finally collapsed.

***************

On Sunday (10/20) Michael and I had a nice breakfast in the living room, while reading the paper.  He left at 11:30 AM for rehearsal…..and got home at 10:30 PM!!!  Yes, an 11 hour day for him…this is the beginning of h-ll week and he will be out every night, with the play opening on Friday.  While he was gone, I kept trying to tell myself to get up and be productive, but instead sat in the living room and read 2 of my library books!  I’ve now finished the next 3 murder mystery books by Mindy Starns Clark (The Trouble with Tulip (2005),  Blind Dates Can Be Murder (2006), Elementary, My Dear Watkins (2007)) and I loved them.  I think I’d better not request a hold on any more books until I get something done around the house.  Michael was exhausted when he came home and we headed for bed.

2 comments:

  1. Your displays are GORGEOUS!!! display is no longer your short suit. Nancy H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout. Your work is beautiful. Unfortunately the financial situation of many of us is not. Don't get discouraged.


    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.