Monday, October 28, 2013

pot stickers, bread, champagne


I did grocery shopping Sunday morning (10/27) while Michael was cooking the bacon and we both had a wonderful, late breakfast.  We were finished by 11:30 and I started to brown the pork for pot stickers.  You know, I felt guilty a few days ago when I was making ravioli, because the process for pot stickers is pretty much the same.  Michael loves them, and we haven’t had them in AGES….so, since I knew we were doing champagne and puffy things for dinner Sunday (to celebrate that Michael will have 3 days off in a row…something he hasn’t had for about 8 weeks) I spent about an hour putting together 70 potstickers and getting them in the freezer (they cook directly from freezer):







Then it was back to knitting….even though my hands are hurting, I am anxious to see my first baby sweater…I think it already looks very cute (although VERY small)!  Michael called at 5:15 to say they were on their way home, and I mixed up sandwich bread dough and Planter’s Punch before he got home:

 
We had champagne and puffy things for dinner:

  


 
We started out with some pizza rolls I am trying to clear out of the freezer, then moved on to mini-egg rolls, finally ending with the pot stickers, which were a huge success.  I got the second 1/2 of the baby sweater done…now just have to sewn in ends and sew together.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why, but I was expecting pot stickers to look different. Maybe I'm thinking of Chinese pot stickers, which I thought were meat on a stick. Well, they look yummy, in any case, as did the champagne !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.