Saturday, October 12, 2013

soap!, Jan & Walt, Mark & Michael


We were up and running Friday morning (10/11), once Sally called to say Jimmy was feeling well enough to go to the movies.  Michael ran to the chiropractor and hit Bo Jangles for breakfast on the way home.  He picked up Jimmy at 10:30 and they left to see GRAVITY at 11.  I got onion roll dough put together before Jan picked me up for Joann’s.  I had a ton of 40% off coupons that I used to buy fringe for the new shawls (if I don’t use the coupons, the fringe costs 15 bucks….way too much to put a sell-able price on the shawls).  There were tons of people there (a lot of coupons were available for the first time today) and we didn’t get home until 2:30.  I had time to meet with a few people for a variety of things before it was time to start getting the quiches ready for dinner.  I was almost done when Becky showed up for the great soap unmolding.  The containers were still fairly warm, but we actually had SOAP!!!!  And it looked very pretty too.  It was still very soft at the bottom of of the log, but it cut beautifully as you can see from the pictures:


you can see the first log cut & the shavings from that
log in my bowl.  On the left is the second log inside
the perfect soap cutter, made for me by my brother-in-law
Charlie

all of the soap is cut, it now needs to 'cure'
for 4 - 6 weeks
 

 




 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got salads made after Becky left and we had those with quiche and rolls for dinner.  I think everyone enjoyed the dinner,

Jan & Walt (and of course Cookie, who loves Jan
to distraction!)

Mark & Michael
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and Michael and I got a chance to relax and watch TV after everyone left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.