Monday, June 1, 2020

June quilts on Xena

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 106,198

                                            Yesterday - 105,611

****************************************

Michael and I had a leisurely breakfast Sunday morning (5/31): 



but were finished by the time June arrived at 9:30.  She brought her One Block Wonder out of my fish fabric to quilt the inside.  She chose the bubbles pattern (which I love) and I learned how to trim an angle on a quilt!!!!!  She is going to custom quilt the border, and only wanted the inside pieced section quilted on XENA….but her inside is not a rectangle, but has a 60 angle on each corner:  

the black on the left is the border

I learned how to successfully trim the rows to stop sewing along that angle…it was totally cool!!!  





She got it all loaded and done:

pinning the backing

learning to baste

still basting


ripping back for a bobbin ending

easing in a tiny bit of fullness

We were finished quilting by around 3:30 and she headed for home.  I learned so much while she was here…I certainly could have used that knowledge when I was quilting my tree skirts….but I at least I have it now  :~).  We had a good time talking about all sorts of stuff...quilting related!!!  She also brought along some sample blocks she’s been making from the ‘colorwash’ squares given to her by an SCCL resident.  Look at these 4 squares:  

aren't they beautiful???

Janice, I know you’ll appreciate this….these blocks are approximately 16’’ square….


and they each contain 100 squares!!!!!!!!!

I read a book for a bit in the late afternoon and we had corn on the cob for dinner….yum!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.