Friday, June 19, 2020

Lucy in dryer, purple cutting, homemade pizza


Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 120, 691


                                           Yesterday - 119,952

Here we are at over 120,000 deaths, just as Dr Fauci predicted months and months ago....and well ahead of the August date.

Frame of reference - and for those who are still wondering what all the fuss is about since people die every year from the regular flu...in the first place, each year there is a vaccine for the flu.  But in the second place, on average according to WEBMD, approximately 8,000 - 20,000 people die each year from the flu.  We are currently at SIX TIMES that death rate.  Kind of sobering, isn't it?
*************************

 Another bike ride Thursday morning (6/18) after making sure that my honey was ok….he had vertigo overnight….but seemed to feel a bit better this morning.  I loaded some clothes into the dryer before I left…and someone had to investigate: 





I was surprised she climbed all the way into the dryer on WET clothes!!!  

When I got back, Paula came down for a quick visit, and to pick up some thread and batting.  I finally made it to the studio at NOON and began to cut fabric for Friday's retreat…..I just started pulling stuff off of shelves, and realized how much purple I have….so it’s going to be a purple quilt:  



Michael picked more wild blueberries in the afternoon:


I got a call in the afternoon from the doctor’s scheduler…..my surgery is 3 weeks from yesterday….July 9th….YIKES!!!  I’ve got to spend time over the weekend pulling all of my questions together.  When I was at my appointment near the end, the doctor turned to me and said what questions do you have?  I said I didn’t have any, because all of my questions were about knee replacement!!  But I did ask about hospital infection rates….his personal infection rates…and nerve damage due to replacement. But I now have many more!!! 

I continued cutting until it was time to make dinner:  

I rolled out the butter bun dough and added sauce

added toppings of mushrooms and onions

spinach

cheese and pepperoni

OH MY GOODNESS!!!  so very yummy!!

Then spent another 1-1/2 hours finishing up my cutting.  I think I have enough projects now to last me at least through this week AND next week’s retreat:



3 comments:

  1. What pattern are you using for the purples? They look very pretty together. Will this get to count as a stash buster??

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can never have too much purple fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought about what you are going to do while recouping surgery. Not going to go down stairs.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.