Tuesday, June 30, 2020

customer quilt done

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 128,819


                                           Yesterday - 128,438

******************************************

Monday (6/29) – I have just been devastated to learn that the surgeon I met with only does a posterior approach to hip replacement.  Everyone I’ve talked to (and the research I’ve done on the internet) clearly indicates that recovery from an anterior approach (providing your surgeon is well versed in the procedure) is much, much easier, with less pain, and less restrictions.  I’ve been trying to get an answer to how my surgeon does the surgery for at least a week, and this morning I decided to get on the phone and not get off until I got my questions answered.  I am now waiting for a call back from the surgeon’s nurse to see where we go from here….who knows how long I will have to wait to have this done now  :~(.  Although with the drastic increases in COVID cases and deaths being reported, maybe I should be glad to NOT be in a hospital at this time.  

NOON – OK, the surgeon himself called me back….gave me several articles to read on the internet…and talked me down off of the ledge (of course, Janice did the same thing as I called her right away when this happened!!)  One of my pet peeves with medical people (yes, I have many of them….all justified I feel) is that they don’t follow up after any kind of procedure is done to find out how people are really doing (with pain, with mobility, with whatever) and then factor those statistics into future dealings with patients.  My surgeon impressed me at our meeting with his references to ‘follow-up’ metrics and how people respond to the surgery, recovery etc.  We talked about those metrics on front vs rear approach, and I guess I’m going ahead with the surgery (after I talk to Michael when he gets home from golf).  With that semi-settled, I set up the program, wound bobbins and kicked off quilting on my customer quilt:  


The quilting was done in the afternoon: 



and I got the quilt cleaned up, off of the frame and trimmed by dinnertime.  Michael had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, while I finished up the leftovers from my Saturday lunch with Paula.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.