Monday, June 22, 2020

tree skirt, AJ

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 122,250


                                           Yesterday - 122.005
*******************

Do you want to tell me again how far we've come in race relations?  

''NASCAR said late Sunday night that a noose was found in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall at Talladega and said it had launched an investigation to find out who put it there.  Wallace is the only black driver who races full-time in NASCAR’s top three series and has been outspoken about racial injustice in the wake of George Floyd’s killing on May 25.''  Full text of article is here: 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/06/22/nascar-noose-found-hanging-in-bubba-wallaces-garage-stall/24531695/

***************************


YAY and HOORAY!!!  Sunday was the first day of summer…and the longest daylight of the year….I always like to pay attention to how early it is light and how late it stays…..from now on, the days are getting shorter….but it will happen very slowly, so enjoy it while you can  :~).  

We got a late start on Sunday (6/21), so I was out in the sun on my bike ride….but I still did it….I love that at least you get a breeze with bike riding that you don’t get with walking.  I WAS glad to get home though  :~).  My honey was frying up onions and potatoes to go with whatever we were eating for breakfast.  

A day ago Michael got a package for Father’s Day from his son; it contained a book about golf, and 2 clearly children’s books.  We thought they made a mistake and meant to send those books to themselves, but today when we got to SKYPE with AJ, the real purpose was revealed:  


Michael read one of the books to AJ and she loved it!!!  We had a wonderful session together, and I eventually made it to the studio around NOON.  

I set up the program, wound some bobbins and kicked off quilting on the tree skirt:  

I know the thread looks gray, but it is really green!

I got 1/2 way through the quilting before Linda came to drop off a quilt.  We sat on the lanair with both fans going for a bit, just talking and sharing…it was great!!  Then it was back to the grindstone  :~), and by dinnertime it was done:  


I LOVE how it came out…hope my customer does too!

I headed to the studio again after dinner to continue cutting my blocks and to start laying them out.....I'm still not sure if my length will be 7 or 8 blocks:


And more fun from the kids:

a recent birthday for mom

are those matching dresses?

just beautiful




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.