Tuesday, June 9, 2020

visit to Ocean Isle Beach

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 113,125

                                           Last Tuesday - 106,944

There has been a huge spike in new cases in states that have begun to open up.  When I watch the news it's obvious that many Americans are not wise enough to know the difference between slowly-re-opening-while-keeping-masks-on-and-social-distancing-going-on and HEY-HO-we're-totally-back-to-normal-so-let's-all-cram-together!!!
*******************************

I got another bike ride in Wednesday morning (6/3) and almost finished before Michael left for golf at Stonebridge.  Our course is shut down today and I said as long as he drove by himself and took sanitizing wipes along to use as appropriate, I thought I would be comfortable with him going.  I got my blog out before Paula came down to book our yearly mammogram appointments.  After that I put together Michael’s yoghurt cups (since the yoghurt had been ‘percolating’ all night long in the crockpot), and made myself some chaffles (I altered my initial recipe slightly and am now settled on what I think is a good recipe): 



before finally heading to my studio after NOON.  I spent several hours cutting rainbow fabrics for a new Blocks Vs Strata, Beds=Dreams quilt:  



and a new pattern kid's quilt to work on at Janice's.  Michael was home at 2:30; his birdie streak is still alive  :~).  He got 2 birdies and a score of 78…..his streak is up to a record breaking 7 games in a row.  I got 2 new quilts cut out and got everything packed for my trip to Janice’s!!

*********************

I left at 6:30 AM Thursday (6/4) morning and was set up and sewing at Janice’s by 10 AM:  

Janice & Dennis

on the dining room table....ready to go


I stayed until Saturday around 1 PM before driving home.  I had a WONDERFUL time and got lots done:  

this is totally finished, thanks to border fabric from Janice
remember this??
It morphed into this:


this needs one more border.  Check out those cornerstone pinwheels,
3'' finished, made by my wonderful friend Janice!!!  I think
they really pull the quilt together.  The border will be out of one
of the pinwheel fabrics

brand new pattern for kids quilt.  Although it doesn't call for it,
I think I'll add one skinny green border and then a bigger border of the
fish fabric.

got several rows done for new rainbow Beds=Dreams quilt



Janice asked me ahead of time what I wanted for dinner….and I told her I have been CRAVING nachos!  At one point in my career at Travelers, I can’t remember what unit I was working in at the time, once a month Donna Breit and I used to walk down to a restaurant on the bottom floor of the Civic Center.  I think it was MARGARITAVILLE.  We would order a plate of nachos and 2 frozen strawberry daiquiris and solve the problems of the world (if only we knew then what we know now about the world’s problems!!).  Those nachos were the best I’ve ever had…..until Janice’s!!  OH MY WORD….I have not had nachos in forever…and they absolutely did NOT disappoint!!!  I had layers of nachos, seasoned beef and black beans, red onion and cheese sauce….all topped off with guacamole and sour cream…………………YUM!!!!  

Anyway, I got home on Saturday (6/6) around 5 PM and I felt like I had been hit by a mac truck!  Michael says I am always like that when I come home  after a long drive:~).  We had champagne:




and Chinese and watched WAITING FOR GUFFMAN….one of our movies….we haven’t seen it in a long time and it was an absolutely perfect way to spend the evening.

**********************

We had a lazy morning Sunday (6/7) and then Michael left for at least 3 hours with long lists for LOWE’s and the grocery store.  When he came home, he ‘limed’ our yard (as it had been aerated last week and you’re supposed to lime afterwards).  After that he got ready for the house washing guy who came around 3 PM.  He did a very good job and our house looks good once again.  I got my customer quilt loaded and basted: 


thousands of teeny, tiny pieces, can you guess whose qult this is??



in the afternoon and read a lot on my book.  We had Chinese for dinner and relaxed in the evening.  I did take a quick run up to my friend Pam's house and dropped off my second men's quilt....


I couldn't think of a better person to give it to than her hubby, who came home from rehab yesterday.  She said he would use it a lot as he is always cold!!

****************************

I tried for another bike ride Monday morning (6/8), but going up the very first hill I downshifted too quickly (at least I think that’s what I did wrong) and my chain came off the track on both the front and the back.  I SWEAR I did not have anything close to these kinds of problems when I was riding before :~(.  I tried for 20 minutes to get my chain back on, but nothing doing, so I just came home.  I was DRAGGING all day….I headed into Lancaster to pick up library books, then came home and did nothing until around 2 PM when I did intake on another customer quilt.  I pretty much read a library book for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.